Glorious Mysteries of the Rosary
(Wednesdays and Sundays)
Suitable for Children
1. The Resurrection: After Jesus died on the Cross, on Friday, He was placed in a tomb, donated by a rich man. On Sunday morning, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb, to check on Him, but found that a very large rock had been moved aside, and that Jesus was gone! An angel told her that Jesus had risen from the dead, on the third day, just as He had promised.
2. The Ascension into Heaven: Jesus went to a city named Bethany with His mother, and His friends. He blessed His friends, and then as His friends watched, God the Father took Jesus up into Heaven.
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit: Jesus promised the Apostates that they would never be alone, and He knew that they needed courage to face the soldiers, and nonbelievers. On the Feast of Pentecost, Jesus sent the Third person of the Holy Trinity, the Holy Spirit, who was represented as Tongues of Flame, on their heads. They were all filled with the Power of the Holy Spirit, and went forth to preach the 'Good News' of Jesus.
4. The Assumption of Mary: Jesus had a very special love, for His Mother, Mary. When Mary 'died', Jesus took Mary's body and spirit, to Heaven. Mary looks down on all of us, now, from Heaven, and we should pray to her, for special intentions.
5. The Coronation of Mary: When Mary got to Heaven, she was given a Special Honor, by God. She was crowned 'Queen of Heaven and the Universe'. In Heaven, she appears with a robe made of the sun, with the moon at her feet, and a crown of 12 stars, on her head. This is how she is described in the Revelations book of the Bible, and the way she appeared to Juan Diego, as Our Lady of Guadalupe, in 1531, in the capital city of the Aztec Empire.