Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary
(Tuesdays and Fridays)
Suitable for Children
1. The Agony in the Garden: After Jesus ate his last supper with his Apostates, He went to a Garden to pray to God for strength, because he knew that one of his friends had betrayed him. He was afraid, but He found strength from His Father, so that each of us could be saved.
2. The Scourging at the Pillar: After Jesus was arrested by the Roman Soldiers, the Roman Leader, Pilate, ordered the soldiers to whip and beat Jesus. Jesus accepted his terrible pain because He loves each of us.
3. The Crowning with Thorns: After Jesus was whipped, the soldiers put a Crown of Thorns on his head, and it hurt Him. Then they took His clothes, and put a purple cloak around Him, so that they could make fun of Him, and they called Him, 'The King of the Jews'.
4. The Carrying of the Cross: The Roman soldiers made Jesus carry His own cross to Calvary, even though He was badly hurt. Another man was enlisted to help Jesus part of the way, and a woman wiped His face, so He could see, through His bleeding Crown of Thorns.
5. The Crucifixion and Death: The Roman soldiers nailed Jesus to the Cross, then erected it so that the few people there, could see Him. Mary, Jesus' mother, was there to see her Son suffer on the Cross. Jesus pardoned one of the two criminals crucified with Him, but then a soldier thrust a spear into the side of Jesus, and He died about 3 pm. Then the Heavens shook, from an earthquake.