Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary
Suitable for Children
1. The Baptism of Jesus in the Jordan: Jesus was Baptized by John the Baptist, in the Jordan river. From the Heavens above, God the Father said that Jesus was His son, and the Holy Spirit came down upon Jesus.
2. The Wedding at Cana: Jesus went to a wedding in the town of Cana with Mary and His friends. At the wedding, the host ran out of wine, so Mary, who believed in Jesus, asked her son to solve the problem. Jesus performed His first miracle, by changing water into wine.
3. The Proclamation of the Kingdom of God: Jesus preached the 'Good News' of God throughout the surrounding towns, that the Kingdom of God was near. All people on earth were welcome in Heaven, even previously excluded Gentiles, (non-jews). He pardoned the sins of all who asked for forgiveness, and believed in Him.
4. The Transfiguration: Jesus went to the top of a mountain, with three privleged Apostles, Peter, James, and John. Moses and Elijah, from the Old Testament, appeared there, as well. The body of Jesus was 'Transfigured', in a special way, and became glorious, as the Glory of God shone around Jesus.
5. The Institution of the Holy Eucharist: At the Last Supper, the night before Jesus died, He gathered in the Upper Room, to have a last meal with the Apostles. He took bread and wine, and offered them up to God, as His Body and Blood. By doing so, He Instituted the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist, that we now receive at each Mass, as His actual Body and Blood, in the form of the Host.