Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary
(Monday and Saturday)
Suitable for Children
1. The Annunciation: Because Mary was a very special person, God sent an angel to ask her to be the Mother of Jesus. She said 'Yes,' even though she was a bit afraid. The angel told her to name her baby 'Jesus'.
2. The Visitation: Mary was told by the angel that her cousin, Elizabeth, was going to have a baby, too. Mary went to visit Elizabeth to help her. Elizabeth became the mother of John the Baptist, who preached about the coming of Jesus.
4. The Presentation in the Temple: After Jesus was born, Mary and Joseph took Jesus to the Temple in Jerusalem, because of the Jewish Tradition. At the Temple, they presented Jesus to God, and thanked God for giving them a son to love and cherish.
5. The Finding of Jesus in the Temple: When Jesus was older, probably about 12, He went to a service at the Temple, with Joseph and Mary. After the service, Jesus stayed to talk to the older teachers, and they were impressed with His knowledge. Mary and Joseph could not find him, and Jesus was misplaced. Mary and Joseph searched long and hard for Him, and when he was finally found, Mary and Joseph rejoiced.
3. The Nativity: Jesus was born in a stable in the city of Bethlehem, because there was no room for them, in the Inn. When he was born, He was surrounded by farm animals, and shepherds from nearby fields came to see Our Savior.